Brewpoint!!!! Built on 5 generations of craft, is set to become Bedford's predominate destination for drinkers and diners. Incorporating a bar, restaurant, tap room, roastery, shop and events space, guests will be able to experience exceptional modern beer and beyond!
Our aim is to become a unique marketplace for food where we can deliver amazing fresh dishes in a relaxed environment whilst providing diners with a real point of difference.
Standing proud just off the A6 in Fairhill - Bedford, we have plenty of outdoor seating with shelters and heating so guests can soak up the ambience while enjoying yummy food & drink with live entertainment on selective days.
We will offer you a great package:
- Competitive hourly rate + tips
- 28 days holiday
- Company Pension scheme
- Retail and beer discounts
- Refer a friend Bonus
- Benefits portal
- Employee Assistance programme
- Career development programme
- Fun culture surrounded by a supportive team
- Free food when on shift
- 30% dining discount of all managed houses
- Great working environment and great prospects!
Your role as Pizza Chef:
This is an entry level chef position in the kitchen. Our pizza chefs have one of the most important roles in our business. After all, without them there would be no pizzas to sell! As one of our pizza chefs you will be tasked with creating quality pizza promptly, ensuring the pizza is cooked correctly.
Your main duties as Pizza Chef will involve:
- Preparing pizzas quickly and efficiently
- Ensuring good hygiene and health & safety at all times
- Adhering accurately and consistently to portion controls
- Unloading and organising equipment and food deliveries
- Carrying out stock rotation to ensure all food items are within their shelf life, including maintaining correct storage conditions
- Preparing and presenting of all food items to our brand standard, therefore achieving guest satisfaction at every eating occasion
- Ensuring the kitchen operation is maintained to the highest of standards with regards to cleanliness and maintenance
- Having a teamwork makes the dream work' mind set
- Performing other duties as required, including deep cleans and laundry of kitchen towels and aprons
At the start of your employment you will be required to complete some online training modules that will better prepare you for the role and give you a recognised certificate in each area; which include Health and Safety and Food Hygiene amongst others. You will also receive a clear role induction as well as on the job training from experienced and passionate people that will help get the best out of you
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 6 months experience in a busy kitchen environment
- A committed and passionate attitude to work, always looking to improve and have a positive response to feedback
- A can-do and hardworking attitude combined with a calm and efficient approach to your duties
- Consistent high working standards including attention to detail, organisation, reliability and team work
- Good initiative to increase efficiency and remain busy during working hours and take on extra responsibility
The next job role up from this position is Senior Pizza Chef; a role that carries significantly more responsibility and leadership in our kitchens and with respect to that, offers an increase in pay and progression opportunities for a hardworking and ambitious employee or candidate.