Purpose for the Pizza Chef
Maintain the daily running of the kitchen/pizza area, working in conjunction with the Head Chef and Management team. Engage with your colleagues and bring positive impact to guests.
The ultimate goal of all employees is to deliver excellent guest service, creating a unique experience for the guest which makes them want to return over and over.
All colleagues are expected to be personal and professional, be part of Gaia’s core values and help achieve the Gaia Mission Statement.
Core Non-Negotiable Skills and Experience:
- Passionate about the great food and great drinks.
- Articulate and excellent spoken English and able to communicate effectively within the team to complete tasks.
- Team Player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate experience, speed, efficiency and competence in the restaurant with attention to detail and a desire to grow the business.
- Always approach guests and team with a smile and help to create a great atmosphere.
- Exceed our guest’s expectations by delivering quality food and drinks in a professional, knowledgeable and accommodating way.
- Remain calm, patient and polite when receiving feedback and be able to provide unbiased, diplomatic feedback to others to aid their progression.
- Are friendly, professional, honest, reliable and trustworthy. Are confident, self-motivated and demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business. Have the self-assurance to bring ideas to the table and constantly be looking at ways to improve the business.
- Have good working relationships with everyone you come into contact with at work, behaving in a friendly, courteous and professional way. Gaia has a zero tolerance policy for harassment, bullying, victimisation or prejudice.
- Bring a positive attitude to work, co-operating closely with team members and other departments to ensure that Gaia is the best it can be.
- Proud ambassadors for Gaia and positive representatives for the entire team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead by example by way of being dedicated, reliable, organised and prepared. Act with honesty, integrity and maintain a positive attitude. Act with inclusion and with respect for the people around you.
- To have a strong knowledge and understanding of the menus, recipes and allergies. Drive quality and consistency in your department, protect the integrity of the product whilst ensuring that guests receive optimum quality. Minimise wastage.
- Receive information and training required to deliver a consistently high quality product.
- Give constructive feedback and receive feedback graciously.
- To conduct yourself appropriately outside of the work place as befitting of a representative of the company, this extends to use of social media.
- Actively drive sales, building relationships within your local area and marketing the business. Being receptive to change, new ideas and assistance.
- To observe the Company’s rules and procedures and carry out any reasonable request made by the CEO and General Manager.
- To be aware of your responsibilities in respect of Health and Safety at Work and Food Safety and they follow all procedures in this respect and report to management any hazardous situation or accident. To ensure that a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained by following cleaning schedules and ongoing diligence across all venues.
- Completion of training and attendance of training sessions arranged for you. Working on your own self development and creating action plans to ensure you have continuous personal development.
The Company reserves the right in its absolute discretion to add to your duties, or amend this job description at any time. In addition to the above duties you will carry out such other duties as the Company reasonably directs from time to time.