Shepherd Neame is looking for a part time Pizza Chef to join our kitchen team at the Boathouse, so if you are a new or aspiring chef looking for a fresh challenge and to carve out your career in the kitchen; this may be just the job for you.
Together with our main menu, we also offer a great range of handmade pizzas all day, every day at the Boathouse, we are therefore looking for a Weekend Pizza Chef' to join our team with a sole focus on delivering great quality Pizzas to our customer both eat in and take-away. Our pizzas are hand stretched to order and stone baked to provide an authentic 14 inch Italian thin crust pizza.
This role will see you working approx. 16-24 hours per week across some Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays, hours may be flexible on these days and can be discussed at interview stage.
The Boathouse boasts a unique location on the River Medway, just a few minutes from the quaint village of Yalding near Maidstone. Its rural contemporary waterside restaurant and al fresco dining area offer the perfect destination for everything from a quick bite to eat to family dining, working lunches and private parties.
We know that excellent chefs are the key ingredient to a successful kitchen, so this role will see you working as part of our friendly and supportive kitchen team to deliver a great dining experience to our customers.
Previous catering experience would be beneficial however if you haven't got experience please do not worry, so long as that you love food, are confident, motivated and are a great team player, we can train you and teach you everything else that you will need to know.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO
Has Shep's Spirit
- Is confident to suggest new ways of working
- Is flexible and responsive to change
- Motivates and engages those they work with
- Works well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Is great at Working Together
- Supports their team to deliver a great customer dining experience
- Takes ownership to resolve customer queries and complaints quickly and efficiently
- Coaches new team members and provides feedback where necessary
- Is keen to learn and willing to share skills with others
- Promotes and participates in an inclusive working environment
- Works with the kitchen team during shifts to deliver goals and targets set by leadership team
Has Pride and Passion
- Displays pride in their work through the presentation of high quality food
- Demonstrates great product knowledge
- Celebrates our heritage as Britain's Oldest Brewer
- Acts with integrity and honesty
- Provides constructive feedback to the leadership team to enhance the performance of the kitchen
- Adheres to food safety guidelines and all relevant legislation
- Behaves with due care and consideration for the health, safety and wellbeing of themself and others
- Immediate start available
- Starting pay rate of up to £11.50per hour DOE.
- A share of tips
- Early wage withdrawal scheme
- Company pension plan
- Employee discount scheme at Shepherd Neame retail pubs & hotels
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform
- Full company induction process
- The opportunity to develop & move between pubs within the company
- Fast paced, fun and diverse working environment
- Flexible working hours
WHO ARE WE?
Britain's oldest brewer, Shepherd Neame, has been based in the market town of Faversham, Kent for over 300 years. An independent family business, we boast an award-winning visitor centre and more than 300 pubs and hotels throughout London and the South East, from the historic heart of the City to the Kent coastline. We employ around 1,500 team members across our pub estate and more than 270 at our Brewery and Support Office.
Perhaps best known for great British classic ales such as Spitfire Amber, which carries the Royal Warrant, our diverse portfolio includes Five Grain Lager, the Bear Island Collection and the Whitstable Bay Collection. We also brew international lagers under licence including premium Thai lager Singha and American best-seller Samuel Adams Boston Lager, and are the sole UK distributor for Truly hard seltzer.