HOW TO MAKE A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION
Posted on Tuesday, September 29, 2020 by Alan TEST — No comments
Whereas in many other industries candidates would carefully prepare their CV and research the job they are applying for, in the pizza industry we still see candidates just sending a message saying "I am interested" or literally just calling the employer out of the blue.
Our advice is:
- Don't just call out of the blue, send an email or message introducing yourself, explaining why you are interested in this job and why you think you'll be a good fit.
- Brush up your CV - if you need a hand send us your CV and we'll take a look for free
- If you attach a picture, make sure it's a nice one, with no one else appearing in the picture and it's not a picture of you on the beach but rather in a pizzeria settings (no picture is better than a bad picture)
- Some smaller pizzeria may provide a WhatsApp number, in which case you may want to send some pictures of pizzas you have made or maybe a video of you stretching and cooking pizzas
- Don't start a conversation with a barrage of requests and questions, try to establish a human relationship first. At the end of the day you'll be spending a lot of time with your new family